Sunday, May 30

Your Xanga Subscription Digest

Daily Update from Your Subscriptions!
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010
Username: ira27snider

Latest Updates from featuredquestions
Have you had a life defining moment? An event that changed your direction or focus. What happened?
submitted by Artemis333
view answers - answer it!
Posted 5/29/2010 at 7:04 PM


Latest Updates from featuredweblogs
Why We Blog (whether we realize it or not)

I heard a quote from John Mayer on the radio saying that he was considering deleting his Twitter account because he wanted to remove his need for external validation.  Hearing this made me realize that a major purpose of social networking sites, and the reason why they are so popular, is that they fill our need for external validation. Even make it grow, especially in the internet generation where fame is more achievable than ever.

Before Facebook or Twitter, we didn't have a need to post summaries of our days, our favorite song lyrics, or our deepest secrets on the internet in 140 characters or less and expect a comment or two or ten.

It's the same reason we blog here on Xanga. If your site is public, it's likely you crave comments. Even those of you who say you write for yourselves; You could "write for yourself" just as easily in a journal with a lock and key. The point of a public blog is the comments (and the discussions they create). And those comments give us external validation.

But this brings up another topic: More Here...
Posted 5/29/2010 at 10:36 PM - add eprops - add comments

Don't Waste My Time
My friend is dating this guy and she knows its not going anywhere, but she settles and says well it's not like i am dating anyone else right now.   We are comfortable and I will hang out with him for now. 

This is the most flawed logic ever, I tell her. More Here...
Posted 5/29/2010 at 11:05 PM - add eprops - add comments

American Culture is the Most Extreme in Seeking Beauty

Maybe I dwell on things way too much, but I still have much to get off my chest. I cannot believe how many ignorant people make it into college today, and have the nerve to be so confident in their ignorance. Hello! America is not the only existing country in the world!

Today during my Women Studies class discussion, I may have gotten a little more heated than I should’ve.   A lot of times I am very opinionated in class, but this discussion brought something else out of me. A group from the class was doing a presentation on beauty in other cultures. Cool, I thought. I always am fascinated about cultures’ fashions, and was glad a group was reaching out of the boundaries from the United States. More Here...
Posted 5/29/2010 at 11:36 PM - add eprops - add comments

www.xanga.com

No comments: