Thursday, April 1

Your Xanga Subscription Digest

Daily Update from Your Subscriptions!
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Username: ira27snider

Latest Updates from featuredweblogs
Calvin
I saw a familiar face today on my Facebook home page... below the face it read, "Reconnect with him."

There was this guy I knew back when I was in high school who was very smart. He was in all of the honors courses and was also part of, and actually enjoyed, the Math & Science Team. He was a very fun and likable nerd/guy. I can't recall how we met. I've tried so hard to remember, but I can't. All I can remember are the times we ran into each other. Even so, now... I barely remember those times. We would bump into each other occasionally in the cafeteria lunch lines and catch up on how everything's been in our lives since the previous time we bumped into each other. That's how our friendship was... we were always catching up on something or another...

That's how I knew that he was a genuinely friendly person. He was the most friendly guy I knew in high school. He fit in with every crowd by just being himself. Everyone in school knew him. He had a very likable personality.

We once went out to get Tapioca at this one place near my house. More Here...
Posted 3/31/2010 at 6:17 PM - add eprops - add comments

The Luxury of the Stay-At-Home-Mother
I read this following conversation on a FB status today.

"Gotta head to work today!"
"Ugh, me too. I wish I could stay at home with my kids."
"Yeah, I just want that luxury. You know, being a stay at home mom and relaxing with my kids all day."
"Yeah, those girls are lucky. They don't have to work."
"But they don't get paid either. Maybe they aren't so lucky!"

That's right folks. I don't work. I sit around and relax with my little boy all day long and we watch TV, go shopping, go on playdates...it's all fun and games. ;)

Somewhere in all of my non-work I have to do the following (daily, weekly) More Here...
Posted 3/31/2010 at 6:47 PM - add eprops - add comments

Do You Think Unique Names Lead to Narcissism?
It was, oh I don't know... a few months ago, that I skimmed an article about unique names leading to narcissism. It was a weird sensation, feeling mock pity and incredulous laughter mixed together, but that's what was left when I finished reading. Honestly? Giving a child a unique name could lay the foundation for a lifelong narcissistic sense of entitlement? Wow!  And here I thought it had something to do with parents over indulging their children. Silly me! 

Unique names and narcissism have seen similar rising trends lately. Is it really logical to assume they're linked? Has anyone considered alternate theories?

More Here...
Posted 3/31/2010 at 7:17 PM - add eprops - add comments

www.xanga.com

No comments: