Monday, April 5

Your Xanga Subscription Digest

Daily Update from Your Subscriptions!
Date: Sunday, April 04, 2010
Username: ira27snider

Latest Updates from featuredquestions
Have you ever lost something extremely important to you? What was it and how did you lose it?
submitted by featuredquestions
view answers - answer it!
Posted 4/4/2010 at 11:04 AM


Latest Updates from featuredweblogs
A Blast From My Past
It was summer, 1979. My first summer working at camp as one of its directors. I had never worked there as a counsellor, or anything else. I started close to the top. I had just turned 20.

I had the physical presence to command respect, I am 6'2, and I sure had the voice for it. My voice is deep, and back then, before cigs and beer got to it to any degree, it was LOUD when I needed it to be. I was tough at first, softening up later as I got to know the staff. That is the only way it can work, start tough then you can soften because you have set the precedent.Try and start soft then toughen up....it won't work. Trust me. Teachers take note.

The third session was starting and I was giving my run through talk to a couple of cabin groups of the oldest boys.We had a new counsellor who I hadn't met yet, he was there listening to me. He had a long walking stick in his hand. A couple of his kids starting fooling around not paying attention to me. I was about to blast them when suddenly his stick crashed down on one of the tables. "Listen Jokers" he said "when the man talks...you listen!"

And a friendship was born. More Here...
Posted 4/4/2010 at 11:45 PM - add eprops - add comments

www.xanga.com

No comments: