Friday, April 9

Your Xanga Subscription Digest

Daily Update from Your Subscriptions!
Date: Thursday, April 08, 2010
Username: ira27snider

Latest Updates from TheXangaTeam
Cleaning Up the Frontpage!
The cleaned-up frontpage we posted about yesterday is live!



To recap, here are the updates:

  1. Enhanced Top Blogs - we've updated the Top Blogs algorithm to take more criteria into account (so it updates more frequently, is a bit more robust against manipulation and - we hope - does a better job identifying interesting/fun/cool content)
  2. More Traffic to Xangans - we've swapped Featured Weblogs and Top Blogs to try to drive more traffic to everyone's blogs
  3. General Clean Up - we've tweaked the design here and there just to make it feel cleaner overall.

Now that the new page is live, what do you guys think?

Marc
Posted 4/8/2010 at 8:01 PM - 36 eprops - 20 comments


Latest Updates from featuredweblogs
Quick Tips To Not Let A Bad Thing Get You Down
How To Get Up When You're Feeling Down

1. Turn off that emo soundtrack. Only listen to music that makes you happy and want to sing along.

2. Get yourself away from whatever is getting you down. No matter how much it's hard to get away, as much you can separate yourself from what brings you down.

3. Surround yourself with people who will make you happy, not bring you down. 
More Here...
Posted 4/8/2010 at 12:29 AM - add eprops - add comments

My Bullying Story
School bullying is everywhere. I don't know if there's even a way to intervene without making it worse for the vicitm of the bullies. Hearing about the 15 year old who hung herself over bullying, really hit home for me.

I was bullied in the sixth grade, when I started getting acne, and my family was so poor we could not afford socks for myself. I never cared, about being poor, if I had to go without socks, so be it. I knew my parents were trying. Other kids, well, they cared. I wore hand-me-downs from my older cousin, and Goodwill-bought clothing. I never had a cell phone, or nice shoes, or anything really nice. Other kids, would call out from across classroom mocking me, and I still remember everything they said word for word. "Your so f-ing ugly, ew." "Your really wearing that sh-t?" "EW OH MY GOD, you are seriously wearing that?"

Sure, they were petty, but it hurt. I started cutting myself, crying all day, all night, every night. My teacher HEARD what they said, she WATCHED me cry my eyes out, she LISTENED when I told her what was wrong. She did NOTHING. She did not inform my parents of what was happening to me, she did not give any punishment, nothing. Not even when she watched a student beat me up - with his textbook- until I was crying and begging for him to stop. She did nothing. She told me to stop crying. She told me to do what other students wanted me to. 

More Here...
Posted 4/8/2010 at 12:59 AM - add eprops - add comments

Top 5 Time Wasters

So I sat down yesterday and thought about how much time, whether it be minutes or hours, I have wasted in my lifetime. I can't actually give an exact total, but I can list things that I consider to be a big waste of time; time that I will never get back.

In no particular order.... More Here...
Posted 4/8/2010 at 11:10 PM - add eprops - add comments

www.xanga.com

No comments: